Ownership changed to Kingson Hill Steamship Co. Ltd and name changed to Kingston Hill in 1936, to Kassos Steam
Navigation Co. Ltd. and named changed to Stavros in 1937, to Santiago Steamship Col Ltd. in 1959 and to Cia de Nav
Vitroria Neptune SA and named changed to Amu Darya in 1960. Taken to be broken up at Osaka in April 1962.
Change of ownership to Atlantic Shipping & Trading Co. Ltd. She was damaged on 5 November 1942 by an attack by aircraft
and was beached at South Cape, Spitzbergen. At 15.58 hours on 6 November the stranded ship was torpedoed by German submarine
U-625 which completed the destruction of the vessel with gunfire. Later the wreck was again bombed by a Ju88.
The master, three crew members and nine gunners survived but 36 crew members and nine gunners were lost, many dying of frostbite.
The crew landed on an isolated part of Spitzbergen and were not rescued until 4 January 1943 by troops from the local garrison at
Barentsburg. A photo of the memorial panel to those that lost their lives can be found on the Benjidog Tower Hill website
Launched as Empire Northfleet her name was changed to Chulmleigh before completion. Change of ownership to Whalton Shipping Co. Ltd. and
name changed to Rugeley in 1961, Change of owner to Union Fair Shipping Co. and change of name to Madura in
1964. She was wrecked at Lantao, Hong Kong on 28 May 1964 and taken to be broken up on 10 August 1964.
Ownership changed to Maravilia Cia Naviera SA and name changed to Maritsa 1973, name changed to Maritsa II
1974, ownership changed to Milkyway SA and name to Cyprus Trader in 1983. Taken to be broken up at Gadani Beach by
Molasses Trading & Export Co. 6 April 1985. She was the last ship to fly the Tatem Flag.
Ownership changed to W.J.Tatem Ltd. in 1960, to Corp Peruana de Vapores and name changed to Ucayali 1963, ownership
changed to Simaba Cia Maratima SA and name to Anna Maria S. in 1969. Whe was wrecked on 20 May 1978 15 nautical miles
South-West of Bornholm and taken to be broken up at Eckhardt & Co. at Hamburg 20 May 1978.
Change of ownership to Douglas Steamship Co. Ltd. and name to Inchona in 1969, to Bardal Shipping Co. SA and
name to Alekos K. in 1975 and to Alkistis Shipping Co. SA and name to Aries in 1978. She was taken
to be broken up at Alang by Chaudhary Industries 25 April 1987.
Change of ownership to Reunert & Co and name to Christoph v. Doornum in 1937, change of ownership to Fisser & v.Doornum
Reederei GmbH in 1939. At the outbreak of WW2 she was in port in Canada and seized by the Canadian Government. She passed to the British Government
and renamed Empire Commerce in 1928. She struck a mine off Margate on 9 June 1940 (5 cables on a bearing of 220 degrees from the
North-East Spit Buoy) and was beached but had to be scrapped. Two members of the crew lost their lives. Presumably their bodies were recovered as they are
not recorded on the Tower Hill memorial.
She was damaged on 10 August 1944 by a torpedo fired by an E-boat. She was towed away and beached off Langrune. On 17 August 1944, whilst still
aground South of #90 Buoy, she was torpedoed again by a one-man assault submarine and was declared a constructive total loss. Two members of the
crew lost their lives in the original attack. A photo of the memorial panel can be found on the Benjidog Tower Hill website
Change of ownership to Gulf Steamships Ltd. and name to Mehdi in 1960, change of ownership to Gulf Shipping Corp.
Ltd. 1971. She was taken to Gadani Beach to be broken up by Metalside Ltd. 13 September 1973.