Barrington Court (1952)
The name Barrington Court was used by Court Line for three ships:
- A cargo ship launched in 1906 described HERE
- A cargo ship launched in 1924 and described HERE
- A cargo ship launched in 1952 and described on this page
Barrington Court (1952) had a service life of 24 years during which she had several changes of ownership and name and was broken up in 1975. I will simply refer to her as Barrington Court on the rest of this page.
|Type||Refrigerated Cargo ship|
|Registered owners, managers and operators||Court Line Ltd.
Managers Haldin & Co. Ltd. London
|Engines||6 Cylinder 4.S.A. B&W type oil engine|
|Engine builders||J.G.Kincaid & Co. Ltd.|
|1 December 1951||Launched|
|9 April 1952||Trials completed|
|1963||Sold to Jayanti Shipping Co. Ltd. Bombay India and renamed Ashoka Jayanti|
|1970||Sold to Tex Cocle Co. S.A., Piraeus Greece - Managers A. Halcoussis Shipping Ltd. and renamed Yannis|
|1974||Sold to Shin Shin Nav. Co. S.A. Panama and renamed Blue Pearl|
|1 May 1975||Broken up at Kaohsiung|
Barrington Court was built as part of Court Line’s new building programme that started in 1952. No information is currently available other than the changes of names and ownership.
- From The Allen Collection - External Reference #1
- By courtesy of George Robinson
- From the site owners photograph collection
- By courtesy of Dave Edge
- By courtesy of the City of Vancouver archives - placed in the Public Domain