External References and Links
The following references have been used in the construction of this website and are referenced here from the various Recollections pages. Links to websites are highlighted.
- Miramar Ship Index: Subscription Website containing basic information about a very large number of merchant navy ships with search facilities based on ships name and official number.
- Ubootwaffe.net Website: Website dedicated to WW2 U boats and their exploits. Unfortunately no longer available.
- Uboat.net Website: Website dedicated to WW2 and WW1 U boats and includes information about ships damaged and sunk.
- Convoyweb Convoy Database: An extensive and highly recommended Website that includes comprehensive information about WW2 convoys and other voyages of merchant ships and some information about ships that were lost.
- Warsailors.com: Norwegian website that includes information about WW2 convoys.
- Tom Proctor: Article included in BBC WW2 People’s War
- Air of Authority: Website dedicated to the history of the RAF.
- Wikipaedia entry: Vickers Wellington
- 244 Squadron 244 Squadron Newsletters
- World Guns Website: Article about the Colt Browning M1895/14 machine gun, made by Marlin Corp
- FirstWorldWar.com website: Article about the Marlin machine gun
- Anderson, John: Nevil Shute and the DMWD, Available online at The Neville Shute Norway Foundation
- Navweaps website: Site specialising in naval weaponry
- Friends of HMCS Haida: Website dedicated to the last WW2 Tribal Class Destroyer.
- Guns Magazine: March 2000, Article by Robert Bruce: The Lewis Gun - Product Information
- Sir Archibald Hunt: Britain's Merchant Navy, Odhams Press Limited (no publishing date but estimated at 1942-43 based on content)
- Hague, Arnold (2003): The Allied Convoy System, 1939-1945 : Its Organization, Defence and Operation; Chatham Publishing, ISBN: 1861761473
- Picture Stockton: Online Photographic Collection website
- Thames Sailing Barge website: Page on Decima
- Ahoy - Mac’s Web Log: Naval, Maritime, Australian History and More
- WW2 People's War: WW2 People's War is an online archive of wartime memories contributed by members of the public and gathered by the BBC. The archive can be found at http://bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar
- Australian War Memorial: Appendix from document regarding Defensively Equipped Merchant Ships
- Hervey Benham: Down Tops'l, George G Harrap & Co. Ltd, 1951, ISBN 0 245 50661
- HMSO (1947): British Vessels lost at sea 1939-45; reprinted by Patrick Stephens, Cambridge 1983 ISBN 0-85059 659 9
- Wikipedia entry for Thomas Kelly GC
- Bill Taylor's Memoir: My Unusual Voyage Aboard the Empress of Asia and the Aftermath
- A History of the Fire Service in Epsom and Ewell