The Tara Hotel on the right on the corner of Wilton Road was taken over by new owners about 1995 and was renamed The President Hotel.
The next photo was taken looking up Derby Road. The building at the far left was St Paul's Parish Church which began its life as a 'tin church'
in 1895. It was rebuilt and the new church consecrated 19 July 1899. It was declared redundant in 1993 and, after major remodelling, became a Medical
The remaining photos on this page were taken on and around Gynn Square.
The hotel shown centre left of the photo below and on the promenade just South of Gynn Square is called 'The Rose Hotel and Spa' in 2020. The tram lines
have since been relocated next to the sea wall - presumably to ease traffic flow.
The building behind the post next to Gynn Square with the orange diamond is now the North Mount Apartments. It seems rather less well maintained
nowadays and the once attractive wooden decorated gable end has been greatly simplified.
The next photo was taken near the roundabout at Gynn Square looking north with the Savoy Hotel on the right. The hotel opened in March 1915 as a Hydro
and is a Grade II Lised Building.
The next photo was taken opposite the car park next to the Savoy Hotel just past Gynn Square.
Taken from the same spot as Image 35, this one shows The Gynn. The original Gynn Inn was demolished in 1921; the current building dates from
1939 and was designed by Halstead Best.