Welcome to the Benjidog Recollections Website
This website consists of the recollections of ordinary people who often found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. It started in 2008 with the recollections of an old friend Stan Mayes whose seagoing career started on Thames sailing barges. Sadly he has now crossed the bar but his memory lives on. Many such stories have been lost because they were never written down, or were thrown out by people not understanding their interest and significance. I am often contacted by people tracing their family history and who regret not asking their relatives about their experiences - especially what part they played in WW2.
I invite anyone coming across this website with stories about relatives that would be of interest to contact me and I will be pleased to add them. Contact details are at the foot of the page.
- Site Information takes you to sources/acknowledgements and copyright information.
- Resources takes you to the index of Recollections
- Search takes you to tools to search any or all of the Benjidog Historical Research Resources websites
- Benjidog Home takes you to the index for all the Benjidog Historical Research Resources websites
- Site Last Updated: 7 Jan 2020 - New page added for John Tayler